Plastic Development Company, Inc., PDC Spas is a manufacturer known to put their customers’ needs first. Comfort, design, engineered performance and service are qualities that have been responsible for spiraling growth since 1957.
Fifty-five years ago the family owned business began building fiberglass swimming pools. In the late 80’s the factory was re-tooled to meet the growing demands of the hot tub market with the second generation. Today, the third generation offers the entrepreneurial spirit to take PDC to the next level.
PDC Spas is an American Made company, employing only US workers to assure your quality and customer satisfaction.
- 1957 - Plastic Development Company, Inc. was born. The major product built was fiberglass sidewalls for swimming pools.
- 1974 - PDC added custom fiberglass jeep bodies to their product line-up furthering their innovation and experience with plastics; FRP.
- 1978 - The company designed thier first hot tub molds and entered into what appeared to be a growing demand for the product.
- 1979 - Custom built whirlpools for the equine industry to heal race horses.
- 1981 - Factory solely produced spas serving the pool industry in the NorthEast.
- 1983 - Tragedy struck the facility with a devastating fire.
- 1986 - PDC became the first spa manufacturer to receive UL listing on a modular hot tub.
- 1987 - Recognized as leaders in the industry with introduction of innovative, customer friendly product features; Air'assage™, AdvantagePack™.
- 1989 - Serves the Atlantic region and opens distrbutorship in Russia.
- 1992 - First to manufacture hot tub design unique to industry; Nouveau™
- 1994 - Introduced heat saving design, TemperLok™.
- 2005 - PDC extended their global markets to cover France, Germany, Netherlands, Iceland, Belgium, Czech Republic and EU.
- 2007 - Introduced SunRise™ model with DeckLounger™
- 2008 - Compliant with the VGB Act for safety suctions.
- 2009 - Meets and/or exceeds energy consumption levels as set forth in the CA. Energy Act furthering our commitment to today's consumer.
- 2010 - Researched and developed swim spas to meet consumer demand.
- 2013 - Largest swim spa manufacturer on the East Coast.
- 2015 - Introduced Patent Pending TruSwim Technology.